• Register Today It's free!

96 explorer heat control

Taube

Reaction score
City, State
Hamilton
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 ford explorer awd
Long story short I used my fog lamp switch to turn on and off my amplifier (fog lights never used them) I just unplugged it and wired in the amplifier but now my centre of the heater controls no lights ? I assume the wire needs to be plugged back into fog lights ? Anyone have heater control diagram. I have the switch it’s just unplugged.

063617DE-1586-4EE4-83C6-D6FE656306C8.jpeg

Sounds like you just lost a light bulb

The illumination
Wiring does not care if the fog light plug is plugged in or not they are on different circuits

If you only lost one light in the middle of the hvac controls it sounds like a bulb rather than a fuse. There are 3 little
Bulbs in that controller in 96 they have blue covers

The illumination
Wiring does not care if the fog light plug is plugged in or not they are on different circuits
Ok thanks

The illumination

If you only lost one light in the middle of the hvac controls it sounds like a bulb rather than a fuse. There are 3 little
Bulbs in that controller in 96 they have blue covers
Ok I checked the bulb it works in the other two spots. Here’s what I am thinking. I hooked up a radio aftermarket I used three wires from the factory plug but the other wires go into the radio and I have looked at all the diagram on this fourm and can’t see these 3 colours any where. 1996 limited with the jbl tape deck cd in glove box and rear sub with amps all factory. I assume the deck sends power to one of these wires for that middle light on heater control some how ???? Any thoughts help from wiring diagram s I found the ground 12v switch and 12v constant. The other 3 wires match nothing I can source out

38663D0A-EAC7-46B5-B977-00EFCF5B7623.jpeg 13EC82D6-E1F9-4A91-BAF2-D999276EB94F.jpeg 6BBB994D-9DF5-40D6-BCB7-F55CBFF62F54.jpeg

Back