• Register Today It's free!

96 Explorer radio question

Happygopucky

Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana,TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer Eddie bauer
So i got a 96 eddie bauer explorer and it had the premium audio package well i just got this thing about a month ago and went today and had my aftermarket radio installed at a shot got my tuck back and now my dash lights done work and my info display and ac controls flicker to the beat of the music and i have no idea why also my dash lights turn on for a split second and turn off thanks for any help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It sounds like you didn't quite wire everything up correctly. ...likely you've mis-pinned your illumination circuit to an audio line.

Did you use any sort of wiring guide or pre-made harness?

yeah the installer at the shop had wired into the wrong wire and dash lights work again as they should thank you for the help though...pulled off the door panels today and all of the speakers are stock sound really good still for being as old as it is but going to upgrade them soon still looking for door speaker options but going to do that and subs need to fix a few odds and ends still yet before that happens

and as far as the harness and diagram from what i found myself and i have had access to multiple programs being alldata ect. its damn near impossible to find the correct one i looked for a few weeks thought i found the correct one and finally bit the bullet and just went and had it installed by a shop

You have to be very careful when installing your stereo I've damaged the wiring for my dash and head lights aswell on and old explorer I had. They are all sorts of hidden wires. Next time look up a diagram and do it your self if you can and take your time it's the best way to go

Back