'96 XLT From Bandit Customs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'96 XLT From Bandit Customs

I recently picked up a 1996 XLT to use as a DD. And like always [MENTION=232637]Bandit Customs[/MENTION] came thru!!

[MENTION=17554]NICE59FORDF100[/MENTION] had already named the vehicle "Layla Bandit", the name will remain Layla Bandit. It started when Russel was here in Hamilton working on The Green Buffalo with [MENTION=173980]easymc[/MENTION] and myself. He mentioned that he and [MENTION=97]Kris Guilbeaux[/MENTION] were having a 96X coming to Bandit Customs that was going to be used as a resale. We spoke on this subject for a bit and the asking price with coming from Bandit Customs were too good to pass. I had a 99 Tahoe as a dd that was nothing more than a money pit and I was not even driving it since it seemed I was lucky just to make it to town and back without a malfunction occurring.

Kris notified me when the title had come in and arrangements were made for the time to do the transfer. Robert and I went to Austin on the evening of the 3rd and picked up Layla.

The vehicle is 2wd with 121K. Since it has the 4.0, there are already spare parts on hand.

Before we left Austin, Russel reminded me that it would not handle like the Dr, Jack. :dpchug:

Here are some pics, there will not be any modifications (?) since it's primary purpose in a dd.

DSCN0479_zpsuyshflyy.jpg

DSCN0484_zpsishbz9sc.jpg

DSCN0485_zpsrf2mhhyj.jpg

DSCN0481_zpsxmrul3rw.jpg

DSCN0483_zpse2liwcb3.jpg

DSCN0473_zpsjicysjju.jpg

DSCN0478_zps8rm8lugp.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad we could help Mike!!!

I remember helping get the Aviator that was going to be fixed in trade for this X. Glad its gone to a good owner!

I remember helping get the Aviator that was going to be fixed in trade for this X. Glad its gone to a good owner!

Thanks Dan!! :dpchug:

The EF plate frame now makes it official. :D

003_zpsnucddptn.jpg

Back