• Register Today It's free!

98-00 Xploder Sport Pics

PA99XploderSport

Reaction score
City, State
Lebanon, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT
Anyone have and pictures of a 98-00 Explorer Sport with an explanation of what all you did to it to make it look the way it is?

I recently bought 1.5" shackles and new pro comp ES9000 shocks to try and level out my 99 explorer sport. I am looking to buy rims and tires next depending on the out come of the shackles and shocks. I would like to get a sporty/off road appearance without doing a body lift if possible, but will see. Any pics with a caption of what you did to make your ride look that way would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rich

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone have and pictures of a 98-00 Explorer Sport with an explanation of what all you did to it to make it look the way it is?

I recently bought 1.5" shackles and new pro comp ES9000 shocks to try and level out my 99 explorer sport. I am looking to buy rims and tires next depending on the out come of the shackles and shocks. I would like to get a sporty/off road appearance without doing a body lift if possible, but will see. Any pics with a caption of what you did to make your ride look that way would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rich

Not a sport, but here is how mine used to look.... (it is lowered now). It had lifted shackles, TT in the front, and 32" tires on 20's.

There are a lot of "before and after" threads dealing with Sports, you just have to search for them.

Attachments

• LEDs 017 (Medium).jpg
    LEDs 017 (Medium).jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 385

Here's mine

2" lift (tt/shackles)

32" Interco Trxus Mt's on stock 16" rims

Go-Rhino police grade push bumper w/ 3 6" lights

other stuff inside you can't see

I'll show a progression for you start at stock, then the 2" lift, then the rest...

stock
2063841_10_full.jpg

TT/shackles/aal
2063841_1_full.jpg

lights on top before i moved them down

2063841_54_full.jpg

Current Picture

2063841_79_full.jpg

here is mine lifted on the stock 30" tires...

Attachments

• lake 020 (Medium).jpg
    lake 020 (Medium).jpg
    75 KB · Views: 374

Thank you and keep them coming, these are very informative for me...thanks again!!

Not current, but close. Stats are pretty much the same as everyone else's. Last pic is with 1.5" TT, AAL & shackles. I will most likely do a body lift at some point in the future to allow a bit more suspension travel, though Superlift/SOA isn't out of the question either.

ex01s.jpg

ex02s.jpg

ex03s.jpg

Back