98 sport 5 speed

viper1314

Reaction score
City, State
weston,wv
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
Crazy shiznit!....

the x is runnign a litlte weird the other day , driving down a hill back in the woods i let out the clutch to slow down only going like 10 miles an hour at the time though ,, litlte puff of smoke nothing major out of the right front of the hood stopped immdeditly and opend hood no more smoke......... well now when your just setting there with the clutch in the rpms will raise to about 2 grand then drop to 500 and sputter then pick back up and it keeps doing that , then when your at speed everything is fine when your in gear but if you clutch it the rpms will either suspend around 2500 rpms or actualy raise 200 untill you put it back into gear then it goes back to the normal rpms for your speed! anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix it and how much did it cost you haha:rolleyes:

Sounds like the exact same problem I'm having with my 92' 5-speed sport. Look at the thread titled "strange idling problem, need help now" You'll see I've replaced a number of parts, but to no avail. I'll let you know what's wrong with mine when I figure it out.

Back