• Register Today It's free!

'98 Sport Brake Pads

mrplow

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
I'm having trouble finding ceramic pads for the front on my 1998 Ford Explorer Sport. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it that the parts stores specify that the ceramic pads will not work on the sport?

AFAIK the brakes are the same 2 door or 4 door, so the ceramic pads for a regular Explorer should fit.

I have hawk ceramic brake pads on my 97 sport along with Power Slot rotors and have never had any problems with them. Combined, they provide great stopping power and minimal wear.

Is it that the parts stores specify that the ceramic pads will not work on the sport?

AFAIK the brakes are the same 2 door or 4 door, so the ceramic pads for a regular Explorer should fit.

Yeah, the Autozone website says "excludes sport model" on all the front pads they have listed, and I talked to someone at Advance Auto parts that said they don't offer any pads that work on the sport model.

I have hawk ceramic brake pads on my 97 sport along with Power Slot rotors and have never had any problems with them. Combined, they provide great stopping power and minimal wear.

I'll have to check them out. Do you know if they are sold at places like Autozone or Advance? Or do you have to order them online.

Thanks,
Peter

Yeah, the Autozone website says "excludes sport model" on all the front pads they have listed, and I talked to someone at Advance Auto parts that said they don't offer any pads that work on the sport model.

I'll have to check them out. Do you know if they are sold at places like Autozone or Advance? Or do you have to order them online.

Thanks,
Peter

Hawk pads you'll have to order online.

Not sure why they exclude the sport for the ceramic pads. I bet the caliper that they list is the same though for both Sports and 4 doors, along with the later Rangers...

2dr/4dr, sports, xlt, etc, there all the same when it come to brakes. I don't always believe what Autozone says. Their info is not always correct. I got mine from Summit Racing by the way.

Back