99-2000 XLS bumper on 97 XLT??

Vic3D

Reaction score
City, State
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Hey guys,

I have a 97 XLT and my front bumper has had a rough life. Its bent on the driver side, and the plastic part on the bottom is close to the tire and the tire rubs on it when I turn right.

Rather than getting the same one, I want to find a 99-2000 XLS bumper because it looks great! All plastic, with the round fog lights. I already have HID headlights and would love to have this bumper with HID foglights as well.

My question is; Do you know if the 99-2000 bumper will bolt right on? Or will there be mods necessary? Thanks!!

Here's a pic of my 97's bumper....

exp-frontbumper.jpg

Here's the one I want...

22175750004_large.jpg

Simple bolt on. As long as you take the ENTIRE bumper from the XLS. Unbolt it straight off the frame rail mounts.

I'd take that grille as well. Sand it down, prime it and hit it with some Dupli-Color to match your paint then clear it. it would look NICE.

Hey guys,

I have a 97 XLT and my front bumper has had a rough life. Its bent on the driver side, and the plastic part on the bottom is close to the tire and the tire rubs on it when I turn right.

Rather than getting the same one, I want to find a 99-2000 XLS bumper because it looks great! All plastic, with the round fog lights. I already have HID headlights and would love to have this bumper with HID foglights as well.

My question is; Do you know if the 99-2000 bumper will bolt right on? Or will there be mods necessary? Thanks!!

Here's a pic of my 97's bumper....

exp-frontbumper.jpg

Here's the one I want...

22175750004_large.jpg

i think it would look nice on your ex i seen one at the junk yard here in MD same one you want with round fogs but the one im gonna get will have chrome on it cant wait to see it on the ex.

Back