99 2WD lifted | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 2WD lifted

BEFORE
Dead Link Removed
AFTER
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Here is the finished product. I will list all the products purchased for anyone that's interested. Remember this is a rough estimate. Service fees and Misc (tax, shipping, alignment, cleaners, grease, tools, blah, blah) are not included.

LEAF PACKS FROM 2001 4DR EXPLORER (BOTH SIDED = $140)
WARRIOIR SHACKLES (BOTH = $65)
PROCOMP 2WD 3" KIT ($530)
BLACK COATED ROCKCRAWLER RIMS ($50 X 4 = $200)
PROCOMP 32" X 11.50" ALL TERAIN ($120 X 4 = $480)
2 FRONT EXTENDED BRAKE LINES, CUSTOM ($65)
4 ADJUSTABLE CAMS, FOR ALIGNMENT PURPOSES ($20 FOR ALL)

TOTAL FOR PARTS = $1500

From my understanding Fabtech also makes the same lift kit for the explorer. If anyone is going to lift their 2wd explorer, I would recommend using that one. The procomp has all the major components but lacks the instruction set that Fabtech provides. Also the bolts needed to bold the spindles to the upper control arm are not included. I had to run to the hardware store to get these. New cotter pins are also not included. I have to say that lifting a 2wd explorer is a job for anyone that’s mechanically inclined. Lifting this vehicle took about 8 hours at an average pace. One thing was not mentioned in the procomp instruction is that, one needs to make modifications to the lower control arms. Yes, you have to cut off the steering stop and some of the lip on it. Otherwise you will have to make real wide turns.

Comments/Question/Suggestions are welcome...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like it, looks good

Dude that looks nice. I really like it.

Copycat!

JK, looks nice

ha... that looks familiar, doesnt it alec? i like it... good job

looks good! i was thinking of putting my stock center caps on my (stuck in shipping) rockcrawlers. i think i'lll go ahead and do it. nice work with the truck.

what percent tints do you have? jeez.. looks like u have windows that are spraypainted black

looks really good :D did you use the center caps from your stock rims....its looks really good

yup those are stock center caps... i plan to do that when i get my daytona rims....... anywho... what tint is that? that is majorly illegal in CA! :eek:

Sorry for the late reply guys. The caps that you see on the rims are in fact the stock Ford caps. I don’t like the aluminum caps that come with the rockcrawlers. As for the tint, I really have no idea what percent it is. I just asked the guy to make my windows darker than stock and when I went back for the truck that’s how it looked. I really liked it so I didn’t ask any questions. Especially since the price for doing all windows was $100.

looks tight as hell

Alright! Another lifted 2WD Sport. Welcome to the club!

Back