• Register Today It's free!

99 E/B Head Unit

Bill MacLeod

Reaction score
City, State
Hamilton, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Ltd V-8
Have the display problem with the head unit. Tried twice to clean and find any soldering problems, but without success.

Can I possibly replace the headunit and retain the steering wheel controls and also the rear controls? If so, will I need any adapter wiring harnesses?

Its a 99 Eddie Bauer with cassette/ single CD. Think this is the Mach unit but not 100% sure.

Thanks for any info.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for th links Husky.

So I can use any head unit, just won't have the steering wheel controls without the SWI-X Interface?

Will I need an adapter harness for an aftermarket unit to the Ford harness? If so, are they readily available.

Thanks again.

If you don't want to cut the Ford harness then you will need an adaptor harness, and they are readily available. I'm sure Circuit City would have one, Crutchfield.com also carries them. Without the SWI-X you won't have rear or steering wheel controls.

Thanks again for your response. As you can tell, I don't have much knowledge of these systems.

Unabonked has just posted some good info on the factory systems. Looks like I would need a T100 adapter harness for an aftermarket headunit.

yep everything past 95 was a T100 connector. I'm trying to locate the proper parts for a drop in fix to the dual media head unit problem. I'm going to be running through every component with a volt/ohm meeter till i find the problem. I am hoping it will be an easy issue.

Back