99 EB x SAS D44. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 EB x SAS D44.

Hey all. this is my x that i recently about got finished up. Took 2 months working on it every other sat. I still waiting for my sway bar endlinks, hi steer arm, and tre,s to come in to re do steering. But i will include pics as well as info.
Front end
78 F250 HPd44
stock shafts for now
4.88 liberty gears
tru trak posi unit
mile marker hubs
ranger steering box
1.5 OD .250 wall dom
79 outters
reid racing hi steer knuckle 4 stud
OEM 5 leaf waggy springs
rustys offroad break lines
rustys offroad shackles
blue torch fab weld together shock hoops
bilstien 5125 14" travle shocks

Rear
93 8.8 f150 rear
eaton carbon fiber posi unit
liberty 4.88
youkon chromoloy shafts
stock explorer rear disc
re drilled rotors
some cheasy i think rough country shocks

truck is a eddie baurer 2 owner mint 4.o. Has every option. I still have to do my t case swap so i can get a front shaft but here are some pics. i will get some action pics soon. it flexes better than my xj with long arms.
103_0165.jpg

103_0164.jpg

103_0163.jpg

103_0162.jpg

103_0161.jpg

103_0156.jpg

103_0155.jpg

103_0154.jpg

I want to give a big tkanks to a few embers that really helped me with some good info. Thanks guys you know who you are

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow!! awesome job the truck looks very clean and well built, what size rims and tires are you running. i normally dont like the nitto mud grapplers and larger rims(see them on to many dodges and chevys) but they look incredible on your ex.

35x12.50x18 on a 18x9 kmc monster wheel. Thanks for comments

Looks great. Nice and simple. I like it

How do you like your tires? Im running the 37x13.50

love them. They aint even got a weight on em and no shake. ive owned 3 sets so i swear by them. they pull super hard in mud long as you keep em cleaned out. i got them mainly because i bought them new for 800 bucks.

Ah I see we follow the same logic. I got mine for 1000 flat.

I have come to like them but I feel they weigh a ton.

There's no need to feel they weigh a ton lol. They do! Mine are load rrange e due to that's all they make for a 18. They have to be close to 200 for a tire and wheel combo. Im looking for a set of 35x14.50x15 tsl boggers on a 15x14 wheel to run also.

Nice truck, your setup looks clean and well done. :thumbsup:

Wow! :eek:

Thanks. And chad thanks alot for some ideas.

Ya the 15s just wont cutting it for me no more. I love the 18s. Wish id of went 20s tho. But they may of looked too big.

On your shackles what is the length bolt hole to bolt hole? I am still trying to figure out why yours flexes so damn much:D:D And you did use Waggy leafs right? 5 pack springs..

They are 5in hole to hole bud. It really surprised me with the flex. Im doing anti wrap bars this weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

could u post a better pic of your front rear shackle

Back