• Register Today It's free!

RLC winch bumper installed

vskidmoreii

Reaction score
City, State
Clearfield, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT
Installed my new RLC bumper this weekend. I also purchased and installed the skid plate he sells. I think it looks pretty good and it went on without many issues.

Enjoy the pics - How can I tighten up the gaps around the fender/grill? Any suggestions????

IMG_4010.jpg

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4008.jpg

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q586/vskidmoreii/IMG_4007.jpg

IMG_4006.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg

IMG_4002.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks nice. I like the gap on mine. It made wiring my lights and winch a breeze. Plus there is quite a bit of flex between the frame and body while wheelin. I've noticed despite the gap the corners of the bumper still rub the fender

Can't say I'd be rushing out to get of those, it looks like something is missing. I like your tires though.

I'd oblong the mounting holes on the bumper to raise it up to cover the gap or add a piece of rubber or something to cover the gap if your concerned about it

Ive been looking at these for awhile as well as his rear bumper with tire carrier. My truck has the fender flares, so I think the bumper design and width will flow better then without the flares. I also dont like how the bumper ends dont meet the wheelwell opening better...makes it look like the bumper is off something else and not made for our truck...lol As for the gap issue, I really notice it on the trucks that the bumper isnt color matched? I agree with either option of elongating the holes for adjustment, or making a rubber aesthetic piece to clean up the look

Back