Solved - '99 Limited No Power Windows nor Sunroof | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved '99 Limited No Power Windows nor Sunroof

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

mfitz725

03 EB 4x4 4.6l making it thru in NC
Reaction score
City, State
Albemarle NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Eddie Bauer 4.6L 4x4
I'm editing this thread as I have solved the problem. My aplogies for not reserching threads longer befor panicking and posting. After I remembered that the 4wheellow was flashing and did a more intensive search the answer was found.

Replaced fuse #26 and everything is good with the world again.

The rest of this is the original post.

I really need some help. I'm in Atlanta and need to get back to NC as soon as I can. Here's the problem.....

I was attempting to replace a bulb in the overhead console. Bulb wouldn't come thru the fixture, it seems to have gotten too hot and either melted the fixture or swole up. Longshot is I had to break the bulb to get it out. (yes I was the idiot who didn't disconnect the battery) I was pulling out the pieces with needle nose and a flat screwdriver and accidently hit the power ribbon. Heard the little spark that arced and was sure I had blown a fuse.

I have checked, I'm pretty sure, every fuse and can't get the interior lights to work. Then I discovered the power windows won't go down and the sunroof won't open. According to the chart in the owners manual there is a fuse in the relay box for the windows and sunroof but also includes the power seats. However, the seats work fine.

I also noticed that the 4wheelLow indicator was flashing but stopped. Would have to go watch for a bit to see if it flashes again.

I'm at a complete loss here. I've swapped out the fuses and all the relays to no avail. Can anyone point me in a direction to correct this? Please let me know as soon as possible, thanks.

Back