• Register Today It's free!

99 Navigator Remote start install

stocked

Reaction score
City, State
Springfield, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer AWD V8
I have someone wanting me to install a "Code Alarm CA-425 Master Module and CA-545 Deluxe Two-Way Remote Start" on his Navigator, the only problem with that is the PATS system, he only has 1 key and all the pats bypass modals i've found require 2 keys to program the computer. I"m also going to have the same problem with my buddy's 98 Mountaineer before to long when they get the money to get an alarm/remote start for it too. So can anyone help me out? Point me to a bypass, a disable, or a module or something lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nop, you'll need to get a 2nd key programmed, I have the same issue, the bypass module I have is recognized as an additional key, thus you have to program it using the 2 key method...

Cheaper than a key.....if it works.

That is the bypass that "looks" as a key to the system, you still need 2 keys to program it

That is the bypass that "looks" as a key to the system, you still need 2 keys to program it

I'm thinkin that this one prolly copies the key you initially use. It says no where that you need 2 keys to program this one.

No, if it was that easy to copy the keys we wouldn't need to go to the dealer and pay high $ to get a duplicate, also, every valet parking would have these, and keep a copy to go later and steal your car
You need two keys to program the bypass, just as you need them to program an additional key, download the user manual for the bypass

Sorry being too blunt :p: I did something stupid at work hehe and was mad at myself

couldn't i just stash the pats key in the column and use a non pats blank to start it? Seems like it would be an easy fix for Making them new keys to use and the remote start. But if i just stuck it in the column then would the pats antenna pick up the transbonder or would i have to do the relay type thing where you wrap a certain wire with a 20-24gwa peice of wire, run it to a relay and then wrap the key too and run to the relay. I can find it if you don't know what i'm talking about lol.

So you'd trade safety for convenience?
I don't think that will work well with the insurance company in case it got stolen, why risk it?
Buy a key on ebay and search around for the best price to get it programmed, over here even some small corner locksmiths offer programing, I was quoted $60 with the key included for my GF's 02 explorer

So you'd trade safety for convenience?
I don't think that will work well with the insurance company in case it got stolen, why risk it?
Buy a key on ebay and search around for the best price to get it programmed, over here even some small corner locksmiths offer programing, I was quoted $60 with the key included for my GF's 02 explorer

yep everyday lol, i hate the pats system and i want it gone from all vehicles. i want to be able to use regular keys and i have atleast 5 people with pats that want the same because they only have ONE key and refure to pay 60 bux for a damn key. Its ridiculous.

Hmmm then I don't know how to help you, don't you need to get the ressistance in Ohms from your key and then duplicate that with wire or something like that? I remember reading about it, but since it basically allows the truck to be started even with a screwdriver I looked away from that solution

Hmmm then I don't know how to help you, don't you need to get the ressistance in Ohms from your key and then duplicate that with wire or something like that? I remember reading about it, but since it basically allows the truck to be started even with a screwdriver I looked away from that solution

Your thinking of the old gm keys with the "pills" in them.. they just had resistors in the key and you could measure the resistance and just add resistors in the line to duplicate it and presto, you can make "no pill" copys.

well i pulled the transponder out of my buddys mountaineer key (little door was already long gone) and held it up to the column and successfully started it with a regular blank i had just made at walmart (Blank #26 i think..) and the original key that we pulled the pill from (incase no one has pulled one out it kinda resembles a long white pill lol). It worked every time and we tried both keys about 10 times each and also tried moving the pill. no i'm guessing that when its inside the column cover that it'll be a little different placement but it seemed to work best on the side of the switch towards the steering wheel. Were going to pull it apart tomorrow and test farther with it and maybe try to mount it close the the antenna wiring and see how that works. I'll get pics for a write up but i doubt many people here will be interested because it doesn't seem like a normal keyed ignition is "safe" enough lol. But hey pulling the pill out is alot better than leaving the whole key in the column right?

Back