• Register Today It's free!

99 xlt stereo wiring harness?

kimm2381

Reaction score
City, State
Tulalip, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT
I am switching from stock stereo to a dvd system, and I have been looking online and in stores for 2 days trying to find a wiring harness that matches whats in my car. There are two plugs, one is rectangle with 16 prongs (2 rows of 8), the other is square and has 20 prongs (7, 6, 7 evenly spaced) Does anyone know where I can order that wiring harness? Ebay and a generic internet search turned up similar but not exact matches
Thanks for any direction!

Only one will be used the other is for the rear controls. I got mine at wall mart I think. I can't remember the part number as it was a few years ago.
Look on the back of them and it'll tell what cars it fits look for Ford than your year of x or mountaineer.

I bought the one walmart had for my year.... None of the plugs were even close to mine. I think I figured out that I have the "mach" stereo system with built in amp and was able to find (hopefully) the right set on ebay. I guess since its a DVD system I dont need the rear controls... I dont ever sit in the back so I totally forgot they were even there! Thanks for the response

Back