99ex22's 00 EB Build Thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99ex22's 00 EB Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as some of you know I traded in my lifted 99 xlt for a 2000 awd 5.0 eb. I told some of you that I wasn't going to lift it but I miss wheeling way too much. She's going up! I'm going for the same set up I was running on my 99 at first.(3" body lift, war153's, TT on 33's) along with a 4406 transfercase swap. I'll be renewing my elite membership asap so I can get some good progress pictures up along the way. I'm hoping it will be complete by march. Lift and tires should be done by the end of this year. I have to wait for tax return money in order to do the swap.

Plans:
body lift, shackles and tt will hopefully be finished by Christmas and 285/75/r16's dean mud terrains on the stock alloys soon after.

4406 transfer case swap should be completed by the end of march.. That's when I'll be getting my tax returns.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hilarious! You just couldn't resist....

The 4406 will be a sweet mod, can't wait to see the end result.

Surprise, surprise. :D

Russ, for whatever reason that link didn't work. I don't think any lifted Exploder looks "weird". I've become so accustomed to seeing so many in my 5+ years on this site since the focus of the site is on lifting and offroad applications. I used to think they all looked weird until I got used to it.

Went to the junk yard and scored some practically new mountain rider xt shocks so I can get rid of the air ride system. They will be going on the truck Monday. Imnot sure who makes them but they seem pretty solid. We shall see...

A little change of plans! I had some 265/75/r16 (32's) mounted today and they don't rub! Haha. I'm sure they would if I went wheeling. Anyway, I'm just going to do the warrior shackles, tt and the 4406 swap. I'll get pictures up tomarow!

IIRC, the Mountain Rider shocks are made/distributed by Les Schwabs....I've had a couple of sets, and they've been pretty good. Will probably put a set on my '97 when the time comes.

i say once ya have a lifted explorer ya get the fever and cant get rid of it lol. i only had 31s and warrior shackles. then my tires got slashed and had to go back down to stock (28/29 i think...) and theres a noticeable difference in height. i miss it like crazy. good luck with this new one im sure its going to turn out badass like your other one!

heading over to warrior pruducts to pick up mu shackles right now. Ill try to get some pictures up later today or tomarow. I recently moved out of my parents house and have been using my iphone for internet because I no longer have a computer.

here she is with no air ride, war153's, TT, on 265/75/R16's (32's)
She still looks pretty stock but but a little more agressive.

I took the running boards off and took my tires back for 265/75/r16 (32's) Maxxis Bighorns... Looks much better now! :D :thumbsup:

Im Thinking I may just go with a 1" body lift and call the lifting good. The transfer case will be a while though:thumbdwn:

Anyone have any input on the body lift? They're such a pain in back to install and it wouldn't do anything for me since my tires fit fine. It would help the 4406 go in a little easier though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back