• Register Today It's free!

A bad day...

ChrisHeapy

Reaction score
City, State
Macclesfield, UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT (UK version)
First warm and sunny day this year, a good day then to do some of those jobs I'd listed for the explorer.

1) Fit new shockers - only to find I'd been sent the wrong ones, no way will they fit without fouling the driveshafts.

2) Repack the wheel bearings - lost my big socket which fits the nut (got the size either side of course). Maybe someone borrowed it.
Also, the t*sser that owned this car before me has badly rounded the corners on both the front nuts so I'll have to get new ones anyway.

3) Change oil (why does the oil have to drain out the side where you can't catch it??) Fills bucket with oil but hands are oily - bucket slips and 1 gallon of dirty engine oil runs down the drive. And that damn filter must have been put on with an air wrench because it takes 30 mins to get it off.

4) Fit dust guard for rear screen - it doesn't fit, wrong model (different guy from (1) above).

5) Spent ages trying to find the switch(s) that turn the interior lights on when doors are open. I want to be able to leave the rear hatch open without them staying on (don't ask). Anyway, cracked that one - just manually close the catches either side and the light goes off with door open - just remember to operate the handle before trying to slam it shut!

Chris

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes with your Explorer. It seems on some days that nothing goes right. I've had a bad day myself. It's beautiful outside here too, but I am stuck in my dorm room having to do homework this afternoon. Oh well, we all have to pay our dues.

Back