A/C Blower Motor | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C Blower Motor

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I spent about an hour today installing the new EATC blower motor controller, and I STILL DON"T HAVE A WORKING BLOWER!!

I did get the burnt smell before the blower quit, so I assumed it was the controller. However, I am now wondering if it could be the Where would I connect voltage to try to go direct to the blower? How can I test this (please be specific if possible, because I'm not good with the termanology)?

Thanks in advance! It's so hot in Florida. Todd.

So I spent about an hour today installing the new EATC blower motor controller, and I STILL DON"T HAVE A WORKING BLOWER!!

I did get the burnt smell before the blower quit, so I assumed it was the controller. However, I am now wondering if it could be the Where would I connect voltage to try to go direct to the blower? How can I test this (please be specific if possible, because I'm not good with the termanology)?

Thanks in advance! It's so hot in Florida. Todd.

Turn the fan speed all the way to high. If the fan doesn't run full blast, you have a problem other than the resistor.

not sure if this helps but my 96 blows a relay every year. I replace the relay for $8 and it works again for another year. The relay is in the small relay box under the intake hose close to the air filter. The forward position on mine is empty snd the relay is the next one. Sorry I cant remember the name of it, I just bring it to Ford and they give me a new one.

I've a similar strange problem with the heater blower fan running continuously even with the key removed form the car. The battery runs down quickly unless I remove the 50A fuse #6 which cuts all power to the fan.

I've seen similar links on this forum -- but no resolution posted for a 1995 Explorer "Limited" with the EATC. Likely the blower control module ( not the resistor type) or the EATC.

I pulled the blower control module - part # F1SH 19E624 AC now selling for > $240. Dealer tells me that this is special for the 1995 version, and that the often mentioned solution here on the forum of the XL2Z 19E624 AB ( ~$70) is designed for 2000 and later models. Can anyone confirm if they are indeed interchangable on the 95 Exp Ltd with EATC?

I'm posting here and also opted to create a new thread due to the age of this one while also better describing my blower specifics.

Back