A/C Compressor Stays engaged | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C Compressor Stays engaged

likibow

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
ST Limited V8 2007
Hi guys, i'm having a problem with my a/c system '06 xlt, about a week ago i purchased 2 cans of Freon with sealant cause my system wasn't cool enough and thought maybe i have a leak anyways that same day i took the car for a spin and notice my temp gauge was getting above normal temp got back home and notice the compressor wasn't disengaging, checked the relay was working fine bought a new one just in case and test it they both work but when i turn the car on and so the a/c the compressor it cycles about 3 to 4 times and then gets stuck an HVAC Tech told me i had to change the evaporator cause it was clogged and the air temp sensor wasn't getting cold enough to make the compressor stop, any suggestions what it could be?

Not unless you put a set of gauges on the high side and the low side and you tell us what the readings are with the system running.

Had a similar problem on my xlt ranger. Relay was bad. See if you can swap in another relay and if the system still stays on. Might be the fix.

Sorry, just read the rest of your post and found out that the relay isn't the problem. I've had problems with my Ford A/C Controls in the past. My compressor wasn't disengaging either. Fortunately, the truck was still under warranty at that time and I took it in and they handled it.

Back