• Register Today It's free!

a few gen 1 blower questions

durty lo

Reaction score
City, State
SE GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Sport
hello, Nate here, Ive been lurking around for quite some time and have learned alot from you guys.

I have a '91 explorer sport 5 speed daily driver, that i've been driving for the last 10 years, it has been nothing but good to me. I finally decided to get the A/C working seeing as the temp is in the 90s now. My problem seems to be in the fan blower itself, the old one wasnt working at all so i replaced it with a new motor and fan. Im not getting very much wind velocity out of the vents even with the fan on high. The fan itself sounds like its really working down there, but not much air is coming out.

Ive checked under the dash and the defroster to see if it was being routed to other areas but i get nothing. When I pulled the old fan out there was a considerable amount of leaves and whatnot in the fan chamber, but i pulled that out, and blowed out more with a air compressor.

you guys have any ideas? blocked vent possibly? When i turn on the floor heat, i can feel the air moving pretty good, just not through the dash.

I also have a '04 mountianeer and the air in that thing blows like a hurricane compared to my poor lil '91 sport.

thanks for any help

-Nate

The fan is spinning like all hell but, the air is not coming out of the vent as fast as it should. I'd be thinking............blockage and/or door controls.

Aloha, Mark

Back