• Register Today It's free!

No blow.....

joeynmgvle

Reaction score
City, State
Bassett ,Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 xlt
My 98 Explorer is not blowing anything out of the heating or cooling unit. When I flip the fan blower switch "on" on any speed I get nothing, not even a click. I can feel heat coming fron the top of the dash but nothing blowing, The blower for the rear seats in the arm rest blows though. Could it be a relay somewhere , the switch, the fan motor? I have checked the fuses inside and under the hood, but they seem fine. Getting cold here........

Could it be a relay somewhere , the switch, the fan motor?

Yes, yes, and yes.

Try direct 12v connection to the fan motor....work back from there.

Aloha, Mark

It could be the fus(es), relay(s), the switch, the blower motor, or the resistors. The most common culprit is the resistor pack or the wiring connected to it. It's on the passenger side front of the heater box under the hood, almost underneath the washer fluid reservoir. Don't have access to the schematics at this particular moment, but I'm sure someone else will be along shortly.

-Joe

Yes, yes, and yes.

Try direct 12v connection to the fan motor....work back from there.

Aloha, Mark

Hello, I've got the same problem with my 95 limited with eact , somewhat the blower motor relay module it's not like the 96 and so on year models, why, because the relay module has empty slots right where those 2 relays should conect to, yep. only one small relay(not the big square type)can be plug in at the far end which is not even close to that mickey mouse relay box shown in the manual. I bypass the blower motor and it runs without problem. I also swap that small relay twice with matching kind (I know they work horn and wippers) and no luck, I also checked connections underneath wipper fluid reservoir and nope they look brand new and for some reason the rear fan blows but it ain't cold. So I really need help with this, I'm mc hammer broke and can't afford no mechanic.Thanks!

Back