a frame bushings?... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

a frame bushings?...

kesexplorer

Reaction score
does my 1996 explorer even have "a frame bushings", or is this mechanic tryin to cheat me out of my money? please help if you can. i need to know if they are even on my truck, and if so how much would they and where can i buy them. thanks ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm guessing he meant a-arm bushings. They are on the front suspension.

They do deteriorate and need to be replaced eventually. Not sure how much they cost. Never done them on an Explorer. My '01 will need them done soon though. They are dry rotted and splitting.

no, he is talking about the bushing between the frame and the body...look around for the thread (sorry, at work and cant search for it)

Either way, those two bushings aren't known to wear out frequently to my knowledge. Usually the body bushing mounts will rust out and fail before the actual bushings do.

you havent seen under my truck! There was also someone else who has worn bushings..maybe I can get a photo of mine someday soon. The rubber part is cracked and worn...and its an 01

Let me know if you find some place that sells them all as a replacement set. I checked a local dealership and they only sell each bushing individually. They varied from $17 - $28 per bushing, plus you'll probably need a few new bolts too. That's pretty steep to me, and I'd still have to do all the work.

How much did they quote to do the job on yours?

Back