a good cd player for a cheap price?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

a good cd player for a cheap price??

1993fordexploere

Reaction score
City, State
northern california (Eureka)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 explorer xlt 4x4
any one know where i can get a good cd player for a really good price? i dont want to put lots of money for a cd player but i want one with the aux jack so i can hook up my mp3 player. thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What do you consider a really good price?

super cheap. ythe lower the better. i dont want anything super special just super cheap. enywhere below 60ish??

Whatever your budget, stay with recognized name brands such as JVC, Kenwood, Sony, Clarion and Pioneer if you want it to last more than a couple of months, but that's just my personal opinion.

My Pioneer was $100 and I have the aux in on the front to plug my MP3 into. Awesome sound quality, and a remote control too...

I just looked at Pioneer on Crutchfield, and I'd look at the DEH-11E if you want cheap... Everything you want, a Pioneer, and under 80 bucks...

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130DEH11E/Pioneer-DEH-11E.html?o=p&tp=5684

Mine is more like the DEH-1100 upgraded unit (plays MP3's burned to CD) but if that doesn't matter, the 11E would be great.

My JVC HU with CD/HD radio and aux input was a little over $100, 2 years ago from Crutchfield. It really is the heart of my system. Best $100 I've ever spent, to tell the truth. Now I can play the radio or my CD's OR MP3's through my Ex's system and with an 80Gb HDD in my mp3 player, I have 10,982 songs on it, good for almost 33 days of continuous playing without repeating the same song twice and I still have about 6Gb free space on it.

Here ya go, although it's almost $80. I would highly recommend this deck!
http://cgi.ebay.com/JVC-KD-HDR1-Car-CD-MP3-Player-+BUILT-IN-HD-TUNER+Remote_W0QQitemZ290327100493QQcmdZViewItem
kdhdr1.jpg

my local pawn shop has a couple panasonics and jvcs forr 50-60 bucks. gonna go check it out.

Don't buy a cheap head unit from a pawn shop. Spend the extra $20 and get a new one! Pioneer makes good stuff..

Typically the Pioneers are good for an easily-available, popular style of head unit at a reasonable price for what you get.

If you want screamin' deals, you'll have to wait patiently for them to come along, and jump on them when you find them.

Lots of electronics websites (best buy, newegg, crutchfield, etc.) have deals on discontinued models, or a promo on a particular unit.

This $100 Kenwood KDC-MP142 receiver, a CD player with aux input, was just $60 shipped awhile ago:

http://www.6ave.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=KENKDCMP142

Scour the internet for deals a few times a week and you can usually find something.

Just be sure to buy from an established website, there's plenty of fraudulent sites or ones that sell refurbished gear as new.

Maybe consider Crutchfield...?

Spend $129.99... get free shipping, free install kit, free installation guide, free removal tools

Use code 3A825 for $20 off $100

eBay is a good place for a good deal.

One concern I have is the warranty, if any.

I bought a Kicker DX350 off eBay. It was from an authorized dealer, just through their eBay account. I asked them for a receipt showing that they installed it, so I could get a 3 year warranty, instead of the 1 year warranty for customer installed. Amp had some minor soldering issues toward the last part of the 3 year warranty. I local Kicker dealer repaired it free under the 3 year warranty, no questions asked. So, me doing my homework before purchase, has got me a decent amp that works, and not a nice shiny paperweight that needs a nice amount ot money for repair.

The higher the cost of the unit, the more I want to have a solid factory warranty.

I have been burned in the past needing repair, and having to send the unit back to a non-authorized dealer for repair from them. Huge wait time. Little to zero repair status.

Back