Glacier991

EF Tranny Guru
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA 95827
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
Well. Seek and you shall find. The other day I mentioned in a post that I would love to have a 4R70W to rebuild with available mods to make it stronger (like I did with the A4LD in "My A4LD Rebuild Diary"). I was half joking, but lo and behold... Forum member section525, located a couple hours from me, offered me a 96 2WD with 135K on it (not like the mileage matters much). I have decided to take it and do another rebuild diary for you guys running 5.0 V-8's! (and make it 4WD)

Given things in my life at the moment I won't get this started til March at the earliest, but a new Diary is coming! (Rick better add some more memory to the server for the pics <g>. (Just teasing Rick.)

Stay tuned for the "My 4R70W Rebuild Diary".

ps. I'll probably do the BW 1354 Transfer Case Rebuild Diary at the same time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet! I followed your A4Ld diary and it helped me a great deal, even though I had someone else perform the rebuild.
However I am now installing a 4r70w with 5.0L, the tranny has 53K on it, and it should last a good long time with my care and maint, a few upgrades will be performed along with a shift kit once its up and running, but I can imagine your diary will become helpful again.....I applaud you for all the time and effort you put into helping other members, thats what it is all about.

This is excellent news. As I've mentioned before, within the next year I will be removing my 4R70W to install an AA output shaft, and will rebuild it while it's out.

I can't wait!!

Thanks for the nice comments 410. And speaking of helping others I see you and V8Boatbuilder here, both VERY helpful with your input and comments and threads. Part of the EF backbone. And hey, did you realize that between us 3 we have 10,732 posts ? (g).

Good news on the upcoming diary, I can't wait. I'm planning an AOD build w/4R70W 1st gear and AA output shaft to mate it to a D20 tfer case.

Back