A new kind of before/after pics... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A new kind of before/after pics...

Before:
Dead Link Removed

In Progress:
Dead Link Removed

After:
Dead Link Removed

That's my new truck, a 99 Ranger 4x4, with the 4.0L automatic. Already got 265/75/16 BFG AT KO's (thanks to the Firestones that were on there) and a torsion twist, and I put the CD player, Polk door speakers, and 2 12" Punch subs in there as well.

Anyone wanna buy an Explorer? ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

man, im glad you got what you wanted, but im gonna miss your X. im sure the ranger will be kick ass, though, by the time youre done with it.

Originally posted by tbomb
man, im glad you got what you wanted, but im gonna miss your X. im sure the ranger will be kick ass, though, by the time youre done with it.
Yeah, I'm gonna miss the X too... not so bad right now since she's still sitting in the driveway, but this weekend's project is getting her ready to sell. The Ranger is just SO much nicer to drive every day. More power, better ride, better looking (IMO)...

Just wait until next year when I can afford a suspension lift and some 33's ;)

So you decided to sell the X and get the Ranger anyway! The Ranger is looking good so far. Good luck selling the X.

Originally posted by mrboyle
So you decided to sell the X and get the Ranger anyway! The Ranger is looking good so far. Good luck selling the X.
Yeah, I was gonna keep the X for a while and go bigger with it, but I found an awesome deal on this Ranger ($9990!) and couldn't pass it up- it's the exact truck I've wanted since I started driving. Thanks for the compliments on the Ranger, it's only gonna get better! :)

Nope, the windows aren't tinted yet, they are rolled down in the last pic so you see straight to the dark garage behind. Tint will hopefully be coming at Christmas, along with a spray-in bedliner, clear corners, and maybe Flowmaster exhaust...

If I end up going all out on the truck, I'll build it like a show-style 4x4... roll pan, sport mirrors, Edge front bumper and painted grille, 5.5" suspension lift, 33's, etc etc... THEN I might get some carbon fiber altezzas. ;)

Have you started looking at lifts for your new Ranger yet? There pretty expensive (about $1400) Trail Master and Superlift are the only companies that I know of that make a sus. lift for the 98+ Rangers and there only 4 inch lifts. 33's will fit fine with a 3in. body if you crank the torsion bars a little. Check out rrorc.com and therangerstation.com for alot of great info. Good luck with your new truck, it looks great.

Originally posted by RyanR
Have you started looking at lifts for your new Ranger yet? There pretty expensive (about $1400) Trail Master and Superlift are the only companies that I know of that make a sus. lift for the 98+ Rangers and there only 4 inch lifts. 33's will fit fine with a 3in. body if you crank the torsion bars a little. Check out rrorc.com and therangerstation.com for alot of great info. Good luck with your new truck, it looks great.
Yeah, I've looked some... RCD is coming out with a 5.5" lift in spring 02 for the 4x4's too, I think it's supposed to be about $1200. I've been thinking about maybe a 3" body lift as well, but I may leave the suspension/tires as is, since I just got brand new BFG's and I won't really be doing a lot of offroading. Thanks for the compliments!

Nice Ranger. I had one like that. A '99 XLT4x4 Off Road, 4 door, pw, pl, pm, cruise, remote start, reciever hitch Pioneer head unit, MTX sub.

A word of advise from a former owner. Don't get the spray in bedliner. It isn't worth it. It still dents when stuff in put in it. I use to work at a Ford Dealership in sales. So I saw trucks with it. They looked like crap when they got banged up. Get the plastic liner. It is better. If you dent it you won't even know it. If you get the spray in liner and it is dented up. Before you sell it, put in a plastic liner over it. Then know one will see the dents and be excited that is has the plastic liner.

Good luck with it. I loved mine, u will too.

Well I'll hardly ever haul anything, so the bed getting beat up isn't an issue. I think I'm either gonna do the Herculiner myself (under $100) or get LineX, my dad has the LineX in his Supercrew F150 and it's really durable, he hauls stuff all the time and it still looks brand new. I just don't like the look of the plastic liners either, they look cheap. Thanks for the input though.

Back