A4LD 3-pin & 5-pin electrical connector - need help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A4LD 3-pin & 5-pin electrical connector - need help

Lechuga

Reaction score
City, State
Spain
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
I'm kinda lost, I bought my explorer V6 xlt from a guy who swapped the tranny but never got OD to work. This is what I've got:
1. Tranny works fine 1-2-3, reverse.
2. There's a 5-pin round electrical connector (which is plugged into its place just fine).
3. A 3-pin socket, which is not plugged into anywhere (I've touched around with my fingers to see if I could find somewhere it should be plugged into, but can't find anything).

I've read in the threads that I should plug in the 3-pin to get TCC lock and OD. My local ford dealer thinks the 3-pin is a dummy, replaced with the 5-pin. I am terribly confused, the Haynes manual does not clarify any details on this, and, short of pulling the tranny out and back in, I can't find any information to help me.

I would dearly appreciate any help. My questions:
a. Is the 3-pin connector a dummy?
b. If not, where does it go? Help with pictures would be great.

TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks BrooklynBay! Understood. So where should the 3-prong connector go? Where is it plugged into? What should I look for? Can't be far from the 5-prong connector, I know. Cheers!

Found it! Thanks! I probed around until I located the spot. I truly appreciate your help. Now I have wonderful OD and TC lock . I'm a happy puppy

Back