• Register Today It's free!

A4LD sensor on drivers side

Kesp4.0

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT
Can anyone identify the sensor located on the drivers side of the A4LD transmission? I'm familiar with the speed sensor located at the rear drivers side, but I'm trying to determine which two sensors are forward of that speed sensor. As you move forward of the speed sensor there's a sensor mounted higher on the trans case and a few inches forward of that there is another sensor mounted a bit lower. Both sensors are connected to the same harness that runs up the trans tunnel. Rodents have chewed everything up down there and I'm rebuilding harnesses and adding new sensors but can't figure out what these two are. Thanks, friends

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the quick reply! The bulkhead connector appears intact but the neutral switch connector to the harness is chewed all to hell. Are those available so I can solder a new connector to my existing harness? I'm looking for a new one but I can't find one anywhere. I may end up trying to repair mine or cut one out of another explorer

Thanks alot! I'll check it out

Back