• Register Today It's free!

? about 3"B.L. bumper brackets

InDaRubarb

Reaction score
City, State
Vanouver Island,B.C. Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94Explorer Sport
The axium of common sense tells me I should not even be asking this question,but I will anyway.With the bumper brackets used with the 3"BL kit, should I consider my bumper hitch unuseable for pulling an ATV trailer,or should I haul my new Honda Rubicon behind it anyway?I have not yet recieved the brackets(they did not come with the BL kit),so I am not sure how beefy these brackets are and if they are capable of 500lbs tongue weight.

The ones that came in my kit were made of tin foil. I never did put them on so I can't tell you how sturdy they were/weren't. But if you really love your bike I would think about getting a custom hitch. :D

The bumper brackets I ordered are from Performance Accessories,the same company that made the liftI have already installed.Has anyone seen or used these particular brackets who can vouche for how beefy or weak they really are? tia

well i dont know if your will work, but my brackets that came with my kit did NOT work, i found some plans on this site (serarch for bumper brackets) nd made them outta steel, i dotn remember how thick my brackets are, ill go get soem pics and measure in a few mins, but i do konw in the intructions it says DO NOT TOW with the Bumper after lifting it..... Well i never Follow intructions, and i pulled a Trailor with my honda fourman 350, and a Honda ATC-70 on it, My bumper did not bend at all.... .But every case is different, so please do not blame me

Back