About to purchse - Pricing Help Please?! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

About to purchse - Pricing Help Please?!

calb

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 AWD Explorer Limited
Help?! I'm looking to pick up a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited in Toronto area. I want to buy now while employee pricing and Costco are in effect, but not take factory delivery until early December when I hope Costco is back in effect and there will be other deals I can stack with employee pricing.

Explorer Limited - 6Cy 4WD Base Price

White Titanium TriCoat with Pecan/Black Interior
302A Rapid Spec
Trailer Package
Navigation

TOTAL MSRP Including Employee Discount $45,655

LESS:
Discount Dealer Markup of 6% down to 2% - ($1,723)
Less Costco - ($1,000)

GRAND TOTAL (pre tax) - $42,923

Plus anything over and above Costco available from Ford in December (low interest, cash rebates) (anyone know the typical Dec deal?)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Help?! I'm looking to pick up a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited in Toronto area. I want to buy now while employee pricing and Costco are in effect, but not take factory delivery until early December when I hope Costco is back in effect and there will be other deals I can stack with employee pricing.

302A Rapid Spec
Trailer Package
Navigation

LESS:
Less Costco - ($1,000)

Plus anything over and above Costco available from Ford in December (low interest, cash rebates) (anyone know the typical Dec deal?)
calb, see my reply (lengthy) to you in the thread My 2012 X LTD AWD.

Peter

my suggestion is ask for quotes from different dealers in your area. You can try sending them emails. That's what I did and got the two dealer that can give me a good deal and worked from there.

"Discount Dealer Markup of 6% down to 2% - ($1,723)".
-I asked all the dealers in my area about this and non of them would like to work with that number.

It's best for you to factory order the last week of this month so the vehicle could arrive around december and you'll get the costco and employee pricing, and in case in december there's a much better deal then you'll get it.

302A Rapid Spec
Trailer Package
Navigation

LESS:
Less Costco - ($1,000)

"Discount Dealer Markup of 6% down to 2% - ($1,723)".
-I asked all the dealers in my area about this and non of them would like to work with that number.

Thank you, shakabooey.

I had been reconsidering my 2% and making it a straight $500 over invoice, for taking the order :)

What number did dealers in your area want to work with?

I was just able to get about $500 off, 1k costco rebate and the employee pricing. and I did all the negotiation via email, so its better sending emails to all the dealers in your area and see who are the dealers you can make a deal with.

Thank you, shakabooey.

I had been reconsidering my 2% and making it a straight $500 over invoice, for taking the order :)

What number did dealers in your area want to work with?

Back