ABS, 4x4, advance trac issues and codes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ABS, 4x4, advance trac issues and codes

ML1187

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 explorer
Hello all! Thanks for all the help you have provided in the past and didn't even realize it! I've got a issue I can't solve. 2005 ford explorer advan trac v6 stability control. 2nd owner and has been a great vehicle!

Two weeks ago abs light comes on, advance trac turns off, 4x4 flashes. Truck will try and apply the abs and brakes will go on and off the the little light that shows you are sliding will kick on. After a minute or so advance trac will kick off and vehicle drives normally.

Coded the abs at advance and got c1235 error right rear no signal input. Went ahead and bought new one installed today. Easy off and easy on.

After reconnecting battery fired her up and abs light on. Took for a drive and same problem though not as severe. Another trip to store and have c1235 and c1165 now! What am I doing wrong? The 1165 is input circuit failure. I don't understand! Please help!

Fixed. Removed cleaned all connections reinstalled. All issues solved. See how great this forum is no one responded and still fixed!

Back