ABS light off then on

blueexplorer00

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
I have a 2000 SOHC.

I bought this with the ABS light on. I read through some of your threads and tried the what most of you had success with and changed the rear sensor.

Now, when I start the truck, the ABS light is out, but once the speedometer starts to move, the ABS light comes on and stays on until I shut her down and restart her, then it does all over again.

It seems that the light is triggered when the speedo starts to move. :confused:

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

blueexplorer00 said:
I have a 2000 SOHC.

I bought this with the ABS light on. I read through some of your threads and tried the what most of you had success with and changed the rear sensor.

Now, when I start the truck, the ABS light is out, but once the speedometer starts to move, the ABS light comes on and stays on until I shut her down and restart her, then it does all over again.

It seems that the light is triggered when the speedo starts to move. :confused:

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks......

Yes, we need to get rid of this gremlin...I have a 96 that cannot let the damn light go out...replaced the rear speed sensor also, bled and bled and bled the brakes, nada....HELP US!

I have a 96 XLT, lights been on for months, I haven't had the time to check it. Thought I'd start with the sensor thats somewhere on top of the rearend.

could it be impeding front hub assembly failure. i got the abs light on and off then it would stay on for 4-500 miles before the assembly boom.

Back