ABS Light On but No Codes | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ABS Light On but No Codes

The hub assembly is about 178$... What you can try to do is find another person with the same sensors, and see if you can swap yours for theirs to see if it clears your light. U can also check your local junk yard for parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i had the same problem on my front drivers side sensor...it had gotten debris caught on it and sheared a whole in the cap of the sensor...i went to the junk yard and paid 20 bucks for one off an explorer...solved the problem, the light went off and the braking was back to stock...

I finally tested my rear sensor...it has a resistance of 1120 ohms. This is higher than the resistance range (350-850 ohms) that I read about in this forum. Is my higher reading enough to turn the ABS light on or a reason to replace the sensor?

Thanks.

I think as long as it is above 0 and below infinity, it's probably OK.

The resistance you get can vary as to how close the sensor is to the next tooth in the ring.

Generally when they go bad, they either have 0 resistance, or infinite.

Did you have a chance to check the front ones? In my opinion, they're easier, you don't even have to crawl under the truck, as long as you know where to reach :)

I have not gotten to the front...I had thought that the rear would be easier.

Where do you reach for the front? Do you need to take the wheel off? Can I measure from the connection that is up under the front of the truck?

Thanks for all your advise.

No need to take the wheel off.

If you look into your wheel well, follow the wire up the knuckle<?> to the framerail, it will go behind the rubber-ish flap, towards the front, then come out from behind the flap, and plug up into a socket, just behind the bumper.

If you look into the wheel well, to the front, you'll see 2 wires plugging upwards (at least on the right side), one is the airbag sensor (I'm pretty sure) and the other is the ABS.

I was thinking I had a picture, but I don't :(

Back