• Register Today It's free!

Abs Light on/Sensors Cleaned...

sacomstock

Reaction score
City, State
Augusta, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT 4X4
Okay, I'm banging my head into the wall trying to figure this out. I have a 2002 Explorer XLT. My abs light is stuck on and I don't really want to go pay the stealership $80 for them to read the codes from it. The problem started about 3 or so months ago. I was driving back to Kentucky and the ABS light came on, once I got there, I let the truck sit for about half the day and came back the light was off. Had no problems for about 2 months. The other week I was slowing down for a stop sign was doing about <15mph and the abs kicked in briefly and sporadically. Then the light popped on and it braked like normal. I have taken the front two sensors out and the read one and cleaned them but the problem still persists. I know the ABS still doesn't work because I locked up my brakes last night testing it out...now I need to turn a rotor or two..but..
I've googled the problem all morning long and from my understanding there is a TBS out from this, but it may be for an earlier year. My questions are is there anyways to get the ABS module to flash out the error code by shorting it out? Is there another step to this that I am missing that I should try out? And does anyone have a copy of this TBS report? Thanks a million

Forgot to mention that I have check the brake fluid level and it is full.

Back