Abs Light on w/no code

humphb08

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, N.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
2002 Ford explorer XLT 4x4

Abs light came on, plugged in the actron 9580 to the truck and I get a link error. Follow the prompts and still get a link error. Scanner reads engine diagnostics fine. Is there a special way to read ABS? Is this a sure sign of an ABS control module failure? I have searched and found that if it's the master cyl. switch cruise wont work, but my cruise works. Rear speed sensor on the diff, then the sensors on the front. But if I dont get any codes what gives. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there a special way to read ABS?

Yes. The Reader needs to support Enhanced Codes. Most scanners under a grand don't. . .there might be an exception or two haven't checked recently. I bought software for a laptop to support those codes, which on mine a 'C' codes ex. C1440

Before i got the software the cheapest place i found was the local muffler/brake shop who had the tool; half the price of the dealer.

So why you're trying to tell me is my scan tool isn't capable of reading the codes. Damn gimmick, as actron says it scans abs codes for domestic vehicles. Thanks for your help!

Yep you need a better scanner!

I just upgraded mine, I got a Snap-On Solis Pro, set me back $4,100 bucks!

So why you're trying to tell me is my scan tool isn't capable of reading the codes.
Whats the model number? It might be OK you may need to put in a special mode?

I got a Snap-On Solis Pro, set me back $4,100 bucks!

. . .anyways, Sanp-on is great but did you know you can get or FORD ROTUNDA STAR TESTER on fleabay of all places. . .$400 or so. But Note they have CARDS to support specific models and years.

Go Tigers!

Back