• Register Today It's free!

AC blend gate problems

skatanafas

Reaction score
City, State
Houston Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT
Getting cold air only from the small vents that blow to the front side windows, the front floor vents and the back seat area but no air coming through the large vents on either side of the dash or from the center vents. I'd like to know a little more as to what the cause of this before I take it in for repair. It's hot here in Houston and I'd like to hear from those who have had a similar problem. 2007 V6 XLT. Thanks:exp:

My first guess is because you have a blend gate, not a blend door like the rest of us, the air is not being directed properly as it can blow through the gate...

Sorry, I couldn't resist. In all seriousness, it sounds like a possible vacuum connection issue. Most of these default to defrost or bi-level when there is no vacuum from the controller. You need to pull the dash apart enough to get access to the control itself and look for a disconnected, broken or leaking vacuum line. It would most likely be the main supply line or you would have all but one selector choice. If you don't see anything obvious, use a hand vacuum pump to test the control and other lines itself.

Good luck!

Back