• Register Today It's free!

ac problem

billybob3358

Reaction score
City, State
Chuckey, Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Mercury Mountaineer
ok so i have a 01 mercury mountaineer i have ac and heat but it onjly blows out of the defroster vents they told me it was the blend door acuater so i got one any body no were it is located and how to change it thankjs

I have a 98 Mercury Mountaineer and had the same problem, on my truck the blend door acuater is a digital switch. I had to end up taking it to a shop and letting them do the job because the entire dash down to the firewall had to come out, the cooling system had to be drainedand the AC system had to be evacuated to get to the switch. This process cost me a total of 1000 dollers. Sorry about the bad news.

ok so i have a 01 mercury mountaineer i have ac and heat but it onjly blows out of the defroster vents they told me it was the blend door acuater so i got one any body no were it is located and how to change it thankjs

A vacuum hose failure will cause the blend door to "fail safe" to the defrost position also. Would suggest checking this first as it would be a cheap and easy fix...

If you do need to replace/repair the blend door there are several threads on this forum using different methods for a fix.

Back