AC turns on/off by itself, blind spot and cross traffic system fault | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AC turns on/off by itself, blind spot and cross traffic system fault

If you have a touch screen and experience weird behavior with things turning on/off, the screens are known to be faulty sometimes. I test drove an Explorer that had a bad touch panel and out of no where the fan would turn on and u could hear the touch feedback sound as if someone pressed the button

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello. I am having issues with my 2016 Explorer Limited. I get blind spot and cross traffic system fault and AC turns on/off by itself after after few minutes of driving. Took it to the 2 different dealership for repair and they always say they cannot replicate the problem and no issues logged on the system. Anyone here with the same issue and knows the fix?

Thanks,
Don
Don, I am having the exact same issues. Exactly as you explained. I called a dealership to make an appointment and told them what was happening. They said it might be the battery. They also said they couldn’t do anything if it couldn’t be duplicated by the service department. I had the battery and alternator checked and both are fine. I haven’t taken it in because they will say they can’t fix what they can’t see. This has been going on for months. Last week, I was in some loose dirt and caused the tires to spin. The traction control light came on. It went out when I stopped the car and turned the engine off. Since then, none of the lights have come on to show any errors. I know this is of no real help, but just let’s you know you aren’t the only one. Just an FYI, I have a 2016 explorer limited.
Ford Porter

I’m having the same issue with my 2015 f150 did anyone find a solution.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Since no one seems to have posted a resolution, have you tried posting this on a Ford F-150 forum?

Peter

Hello all,
I am having the same issues as previously posted above and luck on what the problem and answers were? Ac goes out, blind spot and cross traffic fault, and a navigation system failure. Been in and out of the dealer now 5 times with no luck. 2016 Ford Explorer limited. 30,000 miles

Help please!!!!
Brandon,
Did you ever solve the issue with your Ford Explorer?

Brandon,
Did you ever solve the issue with your Ford Explorer?
FYI, the member was last seen here on March 20, 2020.

Peter

Hello. I am having issues with my 2016 Explorer Limited. I get blind spot and cross traffic system fault and AC turns on/off by itself after after few minutes of driving. Took it to the 2 different dealership for repair and they always say they cannot replicate the problem and no issues logged on the system. Anyone here with the same issue and knows the fix?

Thanks,
Don
Don,
Did you ever solve the problem?

Don,
Did you ever solve the problem?
Last seen November 15, 2016. If you hover your cursor over the member's name, you can tell when they were last here.

Peter

Thanks,
Don
Hello Don
I’m having similar issues with the 2016 explorer. Additionally we are losing HVAC. Occasionally navigation and phone system will go out. Our smart data link module was replaced by the dealer without resolution recent. The car is now basically without heating and air-conditioning.It appears that your post was in 2016. I wonder if your problem was ever fixed. Thank you
John

Hello Don
I’m having similar issues with the 2016 explorer. Additionally we are losing HVAC. Occasionally navigation and phone system will go out. Our smart data link module was replaced by the dealer without resolution recent. The car is now basically without heating and air-conditioning.It appears that your post was in 2016. I wonder if your problem was ever fixed. Thank you
John

You should have it scanned using professional software like ForScan or IDS (what dealer use) so you can see what DTC is being set. HVAC stuff doesn't just stop working without setting off codes. More than likely you have faulty modules but a scan tool will point you in the proper direction. Report back with the codes

Did you ever figure out the issue? I'm having the exact same issues, same year and model vehicle.
Ford Porter
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on November 15., 2016. I don't think you'll get a reply from him.

Peter

I’m having the same issue with my 2015 f150 did anyone find a solution.
Hi! I just started having this issue today - 8/3/23. AC won’t work, radio dial for volume doesn’t work but steering wheel pushbutton will, driver/passenger window won’t go down or up, TPMS came on, Airbag light came on, cross traffic system fault, blind spot system fault, & wow! Think that’s it.
2015 F 150 Lariat with 203860 miles … all this happened today.
Took the ground off and tried to reset - put it on after several minutes and the same thing as above happened — all of it.
Anyone know the shade tree mechanic fix?

Welcome to the Forum Don.:wave:
Although I can't say what the problem is, I do know that a bad or weak battery can cause all kinds of weird symptoms to occur as some have found out. Do you have your Climate set on Auto? That could turn the A/C on and off if it's trying to maintain the set temperature.

Peter
We had the exact same problem with a 2016 Ford explorer. Eventually figured out it was the passenger seat wiring. Problem was corrected after the passenger seat. Wiring harness was replaced. Took six months to figure it out. Problem hasn’t recurred in the six months since it’s been fixed. Good luck.

Hi! I just started having this issue today - 8/3/23. AC won’t work, radio dial for volume doesn’t work but steering wheel pushbutton will, driver/passenger window won’t go down or up, TPMS came on, Airbag light came on, cross traffic system fault, blind spot system fault, & wow! Think that’s it.
2015 F 150 Lariat with 203860 miles … all this happened today.
Took the ground off and tried to reset - put it on after several minutes and the same thing as above happened — all of it.
Anyone know the shade tree mechanic fix?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
A bad or low battery condition can cause all kinds of issues. Have you had it checked?
I would also suggest that you find an F-150 forum and post there to see if others have had a similar issue.

Peter

Back