ACCel plug wires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ACCel plug wires

BigRed92

Reaction score
i want to know if any one uses accel wires or any accel products and how while do they perform. i am looking to replace my plug wires.

I don't have any on my Explorer, but I have run them on other vehicles. They are a good quality product and have never had any problems with them that were manufacturer related (I've seen a few burned boots due to running them to close to a set of headers, stuff like that, but no manufacturer failures). Personally I prefer MSD or Ford Motorsports (don't know if they make wires for an Explorer though), but that is my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions. They are aquality product worth the money, so don't be afraid to use them if they are what you want.

accel

mrboyle i checked and they do not a custom for explorer but the do have a universal set, but the place where i found them at said that i would have to assemble the wire how hard would that be and would i be able to do it myself

It's a pain to try fitting wires that are not properly pre-cut. That's where they get burned on headers.

There was a thread here some time ago in which someone posted how bad they thought Accel wires were. I can't say one way or another since I have never had any. I have Jacobs and they are fine.

I think to some extent you get what you pay for, and my opinion is that I would get Motorcraft or Ford Racing wires before I got Accel.

Back