• Register Today It's free!

Add Police Engine Idle?

FruztalProjects

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, US
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
Buddy of mine got a 2020 Police Interceptor Utility, it does not have the secure Police Engine Idle button. Could I replace it with a new headlight switch that has that button and enable it in FORScan? Or is there more to it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Using 'Search', I found this in the 5th gen forum but the 6th gen is probably different.

Peter

Using 'Search', I found this in the 5th gen forum but the 6th gen is probably different.

Peter
Yeah I saw that too, I'm not sure if it'll be different or not.

Buddy of mine got a 2020 Police Interceptor Utility, it does not have the secure Police Engine Idle button. Could I replace it with a new headlight switch that has that button and enable it in FORScan? Or is there more to it?
Not sure if you ever got an answer to this question but I confirmed through my Engineering contacts that a new switch and FORScan will NOT be enough to enable the "Secure Idle" feature.

Not sure if you ever got an answer to this question but I confirmed through my Engineering contacts that a new switch and FORScan will NOT be enough to enable the "Secure Idle" feature.
What else would be required to add the functionality? Is FORScan not capable of doing it and I'll need FDRS to do so?

What else would be required to add the functionality? Is FORScan not capable of doing it and I'll need FDRS to do so?
Im told it can only be done with Engineering tool software. Intentionally so backyard mechanics cant enable the feature.

FDRS not capable either, intentionally.

Im told it can only be done with Engineering tool software. Intentionally so backyard mechanics cant enable the feature.

FDRS not capable either, intentionally.
Could you explain this "engineering tool?" Is this something the dealer could do upon request? I'm only aware of FDRS and IDS being dealer softwares.

Could you explain this "engineering tool?" Is this something the dealer could do upon request? I'm only aware of FDRS and IDS being dealer softwares.
I also do not know what the 'tool' is but am quite sure that a dealer would not do anything to modify the existing software. This has been brought up before and dealers have refused many requests to assist in such things, mainly I'm guessing, because of possible liability concerns.

Peter

Engineering tool refers to software used by Ford Engineering and not available to dealers or mechanics. Its a deeper level of access to vehicle architecture.

Essentially I was told it is technically possible to do what you want to do but Ford (usually legal Dept) doesn't want dealers or mechanics to have that feature access at their level.

Back