All New 2025 Police Interceptor Utility | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All New 2025 Police Interceptor Utility

FruztalProjects

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, US
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
I've been waiting for this since the 2025 Explorer was unveiled. Introducing you the new 2025 model year Police Interceptor Utility! Ford had just opened up orders for this vehicle!

It retains the front end as previous model years to make it easier for agencies to upfit the front end without requiring new hardware, this approach also makes it cost effective to agencies. The introduction of the Ford Pro Upfit Integration System should make the upfitting process much easier, it adds new functionality and programming for agencies.

Screenshot_20240218_075316.jpg

This year also includes enhancements to it's pursuit capabilities. It has an all new manual Police Pursuit Mode button for manual activation, which will make it quicker to pursue someone without having to get the vehicle to automatically activate Police Pursuit Mode.

This year also focuses on safety, many key features are coming standard. The Police Perimeter Alert, Police Engine Idle & Police Dark Car all will come standard. It also has driver assist features such as an updated emergency braking system, blind spot monitoring with cross traffic alert & enhanced radar systems.

This year also brings a new upgraded center display from the traditional 4" to the 8" SYNC screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The bigger screen is an optional upgrade. It also comes with an all digital instrument cluster (similar to Ford Explorer ST), both will make the interior a substantial technology upgrade.

Screenshot_20240218_075239.jpg

Like with the new 2025 model year Ford Explorer, Police Interceptor Utility receives a facelift in the rear with the new taillights, updated liftgate panel which spans across the entire liftgate (lacks the liftgate lighting in favor of police lights).

Screenshot_20240218_075302.jpg

I hope you enjoyed reading my writeup. What are your opinions of this new vehicle? I'd love to hear them. If I missed something, please let me know!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would be willing to bet that Ford keeps the current Timberline grille as well.....

I would be willing to bet that Ford keeps the current Timberline grille as well.....
That was done to save money with upfitting not changing. Agencies can carry over pushbars, lights and siren speakers plus OE parts and not have to buy all new. I dont know if the same is true for retail.

That was done to save money with upfitting not changing. Agencies can carry over pushbars, lights and siren speakers plus OE parts and not have to buy all new. I dont know if the same is true for retail.
It would've been a good decision to do it like that, it costs a bunch of money to upfit those vehicles. I bet it's gonna save a lot of money for the agency to reuse the old parts or use the stock they may have for new vehicles.

I just ordered a 2025 Interceptor (Ecoboost) yesterday. It should be noted that the 12.1" screen is an option, the standard was upgraded to an 8" screen with Android Auto/Apple Carplay support. It's a pretty exciting improvement over the 2020-2024, since most previous options are now standard (including rear A/C) but it has also come with a healthy price increase.

I just ordered a 2025 Interceptor (Ecoboost) yesterday. It should be noted that the 12.1" screen is an option, the standard was upgraded to an 8" screen with Android Auto/Apple Carplay support. It's a pretty exciting improvement over the 2020-2024, since most previous options are now standard (including rear A/C) but it has also come with a healthy price increase.
I'd order one if I could. How would you go onto doing without being law enforcement? Thanks for pointing out the screen! Lovely to see at least the 8" screen coming.

I'd order one if I could. How would you go onto doing without being law enforcement? Thanks for pointing out the screen! Lovely to see at least the 8" screen coming.
I work as a manufacturer rep for a company that makes emergency vehicle equipment makes me eligible, already having a Ford fleet number and a great relationship with a Ford dealership helps. I wouldn't buy one for personal use if given the option, IMO they are loud and uncomfortable. I will likely be throwing Steeda lowering springs on it to improve the ride quality a little bit since I drive about 30k-40k miles a year. I am excited about the huge number of options that are now available as standard on the 25.

Back