Adding Remote Start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding Remote Start

Post number 2 has been selected as best answered.

northvibe

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
Has anyone tried this on the 2020? From looking, it seems the ford accessories allows this to still function with the kit, vss, fob, antenna.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone tried this on the 2020? From looking, it seems the ford accessories allows this to still function with the kit, vss, fob, antenna.
I looked into this and as long as the vehicle has SYNC Connect and remote start can be added via fob with the kit listed on accessories.ford.com

No programming is needed, just plug and play.

This includes ALL 2020 police interceptors as they all have SYNC connect.

I've also wondered this question and found, no one with a 2020 explorer that has posted yet. I found how to add ford factory remote start, but not the foglights. However forscan has a lot of work left to update their compatibility/features to the 2020 explorer still.
A remote start was another project I was thinking of.....please share.

A remote start was another project I was thinking of.....please share.

Looks like as long as you have copilot 360 (which all 2020 explorers should) and ford pass (which I think all explorers have?) you can just add the remote kit from accessories.ford.com. The non 2020's had to add the security module and the remote. From what I found, we should just have to add the remote and/or long range antenna/remote, then enable via forscan, or take it to the dealer to enable. You have to sync your remote start fob like you sync your keys. But for sure DIY able.

I looked into this and as long as the vehicle has SYNC Connect and remote start can be added via fob with the kit listed on accessories.ford.com

No programming is needed, just plug and play.

This includes ALL 2020 police interceptors as they all have SYNC connect.

By Sync Connect, is that, FORDPASS™ CONNECT 4GWI-FI ?

Here is the remote start add on install for a f150, may not be the same, but until we have more solid info....

By Sync Connect, is that, FORDPASS™ CONNECT 4GWI-FI ?

Here is the remote start add on install for a f150, may not be the same, but until we have more solid info....

Going to look into this for sure

I'm surprised to hear no one else has added the ford remote start. Luckily the ford accessories page says it works, I don't mind being a guinea pig as long as I can get it to work ;)

Although I don't have the numbers, I believe the majority of the 2020 Explorers on here are the ST, Limited and Platinum all of which come with the option. I'm sure others will be looking to add it down the road.

Peter

Perimeter Plus module:
KN1Z-19A361-A
https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/12157/s/electronic-module/category/159/

Long Range antenna
JS7Z-15603-A
https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/11900/s/aerial-asy/category/159/

Bi-directional remote start fob
JS7Z-15K601-B
https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/11899/s/remote-control-system/category/159/

From reading more, you need perimeter plus which from the build sheet of an XLT the perimeter alarm is optional. So this module may be needed. The only info I am finding is on f150 forums. If anyone takes the leap, please post up parts and forscan edits etc.

I'm curious about this option. I can remote start my XLT using the Ford Pass app. Can I use the key fob in lieu of the app without installing additional hardware? The fob is $95 and installed is an extra $255.

I'm curious about this option. I can remote start my XLT using the Ford Pass app. Can I use the key fob in lieu of the app without installing additional hardware? The fob is $95 and installed is an extra $255.

you have to install the extra module plus get the fey fob. I think the ford pass costs money after X years?

Not sure if the new Security Module comes with instructions. Does anyone know where the module plugs into? I "think" it goes under the drivers wheel under the dash....

Not sure if the new Security Module comes with instructions. Does anyone know where the module plugs into? I "think" it goes under the drivers wheel under the dash....

Send me a PM with your email address. I have a PDF for you.

Thank you jmr061!

I didn't realize the ford pass was free for life. So at least we have a way to remote start most the time. I will order these parts above this summer and install when I also do the trailer brake. I'll post updates when I do for locations on plugs etc.

Thank you jmr061!

I didn't realize the ford pass was free for life. So at least we have a way to remote start most the time. I will order these parts above this summer and install when I also do the trailer brake. I'll post updates when I do for locations on plugs etc.
Were you able to install yourself?

Yes it can be installed by yourself. Just make sure whoever you buy it from sends the installation instructions.

Yes it can be installed by yourself. Just make sure whoever you buy it from sends the installation instructions.
I don't think the dealer would provide that lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe I missed it, but seems to be that with FordPass, the remote start feature is already part of the package?

I know it was an add-on for earlier models (have the module installed in my '14), but was thinking it would be a bonus to have it already in place when I acquire a '20 ST. Not that it was hard to install at all, but considering the price jump on these, it would be nice if Ford included all this. Since the Remote Access program is being phased out, it would only make sense for the new technology to include it.

Back