• Register Today It's free!

Adrenalin owners need your input

stang88tn

Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville,TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Adrenalin
I was just going to see how many of you have had the same problems I am having with my 08'.

First off I had to replace my rotors on my truck after around 55,000 miles LR caliper piston busted. Note: I am not blaming Ford on the rotors, I might be a little hard on my brakes.

Second: I had a busted radiator at 61,000 mile Ford said it was out of warranty since I was over 60k.

Third: I had to replace all idler pulleys. Bearings were going bad around the same time the radiator went out.

Forth: I had manifold bolts broke off in the head on Passenger side at 65k miles

Fifth: I now have a heater core going out I am at 68k miles

It really irritates me when you spend 30k on a truck or car I now have a heater core going out I am at 68k miles
and it can't last you more than 60k miles before you have to start working on it.
How hard is it to replace the heater core? That's my next project on my Trac.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It has been mentioned that newer Fords are apparently designed to last through the warranty period. Period. My '99 Ranger was a tank, everything since (I lease new every three years) was progressively weaker.

1. I got new front brakes and rotors about the same time as you. NAPA Ultra Premium rotors are the shiznit. Just got my second right front hub and bearing assembly in two years. Gotta love extended warranties...sometimes.
2. Cracked rads are somewhat common. Tanks are plastic to save weight. The pros and cons of a lighter radiator cap with less pressure have been discussed. New Tracs have a 20 lb cap. My son's '00 Mustang has a 16 lb cap that will fit. A lighter cap will give the coolant a lower boiling point and it is possible it will overheat. Just sayin'.
3. New alternator when it was still on warranty. Idler pulley and new belt and alternator bracket as per TSB due to noise.
4. That is common on V8's.
5. Depending how bad the leak is, Bar's Leak might fix it. It's worked on my daughter's Jeep so far.

I have been notorious about putting lower pressure caps on my vehicles since my 85 Mustang started blowing seams out of the heater core when it was new. As it turned out, that particularr car came with a high output water pump and was supposed to have a restrictor installed in the heater hose.(that was omitted)
I questioned the 20lb cap on the ST especially with other owners having radiator failures. One issue with the high pressure cap might be the limp home mode where the computer will shut down cylinders if there is an overheat issue...thoughts on this?

I did a little more investigation and found out that it was not a heater core. I lifted up the rubber flooring and found water every where. I located where it is coming from. On the driver's side on top of the cab there is a channel that runs the length of the cab, Water is getting underneath the plastic on the back of the cab. I think if i seal it better it should stop the water. When I get a chance I will post pics were it is coming in. Its kinda hard to explain. That way you can check your trucks to see if your having the same problem.

13k had to replace battery, 15k, had to have a headlamp replaced. it has 19k on it now and sits in the garage.

Back