• Register Today It's free!

Adrenaline? Really?

Nfuriate

Reaction score
City, State
Spring Hope/ Greenville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Ranger XLT
As my other post says, I'm looking at an '05 ST. The dealer claims it's an Adrenaline, but I'm not totally convinced. What should an '05 Adrenaline come with so I'd know? I thought it would have a more distinctive radio, but it's a standard black one. Might be a 6 disk, but I can't tell from the pictures.
16534206446.282220561.IM1.09.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

The truck does have color matched bumper trim, silver radio bezel, black floor. I can never remember when these features started coming standard and when they might have been part of a package. Tailgate says Explorer Sport Trac XLT. Help me out if you can, I want to have as much info as possible when I go to see it in person.
Edit:
So with a little more research, this looks to be a replaced radio. If the truck is still an Adrenalin minus the radio, what else can I look for to prove or disprove this? Where would I find the extra speakers, subwoofer, etc.? Is there any other badging to look for?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Adrenaline?
I thought every Adrenaline was based on the 510W Pioneer Sound System, my '05 is anyway:

31543620012_large.jpg

In the adrenalin the sub-woofer under the small back seat behind driver prevents it from being lowered.

If it's an Adrenalin, it should say so on the tailgate.

port_trac_4_dr_adrenalin_4wd_crew_cab_sb-pic-42973.jpg

That is the cheapest CD player Ford had, so yeah- it's been replaced. The non-adrenalin trucks had radio faces that were color-matched to the bezel. I think Fredness is right about the radio, which is probably why it was swapped out- to go into their new truck. :)

With the radio swap, the kick panel being loose, badging gone... something is weird- I get bad vibes about that rig...

Ahh..the headrests should say Adrenaline, the running boards should be chrome, the wheels should be chrome wide spokes, and the amp should be under the non-folding 40% of the rear seat. I believe it might be just a single colour optioned Trac; can't remember what they were called-smooth front and rear body painted bumpers. What do the aftermarket switches do? And that is a commercial 2way radio mic clip. Where are all the extra holes for the 2way radio?

So here's what I'm thinking now;
It's definately not an Adrenalin. The more I look, the more obvious it is.
The radio was probably swapped out at some point, but I'll swap in my own and this one will work fine in my Ranger when I sell it, it came with a single cassette (remember those?)
Not sure what the switches do and not sure what's up with the plug in the front bumper. Looks to be for a winch, but there's no winch.
That does look like a CB mount, but could also be to hold a cell phone. My bro-in-law did that once.
Most likely what happened was that whoever put the truck online wasn't too familiar with the different packages on ST's and labled it like one they saw that was similar.
As far as bad vibes go, I see some of them more as barganing chips. The more I know, the better off I'll be in negotiations. Unless, of course, the salesguy has no idea what he's got and digs his heels in.

Thanks for all the replies.

Adrenaline?
I thought every Adrenaline was based on the 510W Pioneer Sound System, my '05 is anyway:

31543620012_large.jpg

Ugh I want one of those stereos....

head rests

Ahh..the headrests should say Adrenaline, the running boards should be chrome, the wheels should be chrome wide spokes, and the amp should be under the non-folding 40% of the rear seat. I believe it might be just a single colour optioned Trac; can't remember what they were called-smooth front and rear body painted bumpers. What do the aftermarket switches do? And that is a commercial 2way radio mic clip. Where are all the extra holes for the 2way radio?

Do both the driver and the passenger headrests say adrenaline? I recently bought an adrenaline from a dealer. The passenger headrests was missing and they were ordering me another. The dealer "says" the adrenaline is an after market thing and they only have plain ones. I get it in the mail and its no where near the right size even for a regular sport trac.

Do both the driver and the passenger headrests say adrenaline? I recently bought an adrenaline from a dealer. The passenger headrests was missing and they were ordering me another. The dealer "says" the adrenaline is an after market thing and they only have plain ones. I get it in the mail and its no where near the right size even for a regular sport trac.

Yes. Both should have the embossed lettering in the headrest. Adrenalin was a factory option, not an aftermarket thing

Yes. Both should have the embossed lettering in the headrest. Adrenalin was a factory option, not an aftermarket thing

thats what I thought after researching. They lied or don't know what they are talking about. But they can deal with my husband this time. thanks for your reply

Back