ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Remote Reservoir Bolt In Coilovers | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Remote Reservoir Bolt In Coilovers

Excuse me if I seem like a complete Explorer new guy here, but will this work with an AWD Mountaineer? I know it has independent suspension. Again, sorry for the noob questions.

Yes it will.

Depending on the price, whenever I need to replace my struts again, I will be picking up a set of these shocks as well. Only I will be lowering mine:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm with you Limited. I want to know about the rear. Then I'll try to figure out making is into a lowering coil over kit

Do they/ Will they ship to aus?

They should be able to ship anywhere in the world. I have been to their manufacturing facility and met the entire team in person. They are all rad people and no one should hesitate to call them. As far as the rear goes I am going to try to get my truck to them to guniea pig as soon as I can.

Awesome.. Very interested to hear more

What are the specs on these? Also I would like to see how they did the offset bushing on the lower mount. I have some Fox coilovers, that I got with a extension, that I would rather mount in stock location. Thanks.

Is be interested in front and rears!

Very nice!

FYI this is the info I got from ADS. May have to order a set come pay day. On par with the cost of the coilover conversion for my ranger.

REX02-000
02-05
Ford
Explorer 4WD
0-2.5”
F
$ 1,583.71

We offer a 2.5” dia bolt-in coil-over with remote reservoir for the front of your Explorer.
You would need to purchase a Uni-Ball Upper Control arm from Camburg maybe…
I apologize, no rear shocks are available at this time.

Reviving this thread from the dead lol! But did anyone else end up going this route? I'm looking to take my suspension to the next level and these seem to be the only option as far as bolt in coilovers with resi. Too bad it's only for a front setup.

I should be seeing Brian with ADS in a week or 2 and I could ask him all these questions.

The issue has been stock mounts and people not wanting to pay for the application that fits. Now once you get into modifying and building your custom setups the prices actually come down.

In other news, I do know that Fox makes a remote rez shock with a dial-in setting for most applications. You can look into purchase of these at 4wheel parts ;)

Reviving this thread from the dead lol! But did anyone else end up going this route? I'm looking to take my suspension to the next level and these seem to be the only option as far as bolt in coilovers with resi. Too bad it's only for a front setup.
Do it ! :thumbsup:

I should be seeing Brian with ADS in a week or 2 and I could ask him all these questions.

The issue has been stock mounts and people not wanting to pay for the application that fits. Now once you get into modifying and building your custom setups the prices actually come down.

In other news, I do know that Fox makes a remote rez shock with a dial-in setting for most applications. You can look into purchase of these at 4wheel parts ;)
I'm willing to pay, as I need a better setup than just the btf spacers and stock struts. I'm sure the monroes are beat to death after my last overland trip through Borrego. Crazy that I've push my Explorer through the same rough terrain that guys with icon and kings suspension(Toyota guys) went through.
It'll be great to hear what ADS does with your 3rd gen. Let us know how it handles!

Can you enter your truck spec and what specs you need for shocks? We will be in desert for 2 weeks so I can only give him what you ask in a post, Thanks ks

Hi guys I know this thread is long dead, but I was wondering if anyone happen to know the dimensions of these ADS coilovers. I know they don’t sell them but if I had the dimensions of the stroke, compressed and extended rate, as well as the spring rate that would be very helpful. Any responses are helpful thanks 🙏

Back