Advice needed for a 2007 Explorer Limited. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Advice needed for a 2007 Explorer Limited.

Stand Up

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Ford Explorer V8
Hi
I've been F-150 & Explorer owner & lover for over 30 years. My beloved '93 Explorer XLT is in the "I've fallen & I can't get up" time of life.

I am looking at a 2007 Limited V8 -I don't need and am not used to that much luxury but in the last 6 months I've only found 6 V-8's within 150 miles of me. Of those 6, two sold while I was 'thinking' about them. I want to stay with Explorer and I need the V8 for the small horse trailer.

I am wondering how you folks feel about the 2007 Limited and beyond a mechanic lifting & looking, what specific items should we check for before purchase. The one I'm looking at has 42,000 miles and they are 'asking' $26,900.

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

IMO, the V-8 is the right choice for you. Lots of power, luxury of a Limited, sounds like you know what you want. Its like night/day difference over a 1st generation.

Price eseems kinda high, with the price of fuel these days, should be room to negotiate. Be aware that the V-8 is not fuel efficient.

Get an Oasis report from a dealer and maybe even a carfax report.

Welcome.

Price is high by 15-20%, but plenty of room to negotiate down. I agree that high gas prices aren't helping resales values of any Explorers.

The V8 is worth the trouble to seek-out, even new it was only a $1200 option. Much more power, smoothness, refinement, 6 speed tranny, giving a slight advantage fuel economy advantage too.

Best of luck with your truck shopping.

Agreed I just purchased an 09 Eddie Bauer loaded even with the 2nd Gen DVD player/Jukebox/Sync thing lol for 26,900 and it only had 16,000 miles on it.

Back