• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket DVD Systems

Steve D.

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Eddie
My wife just bought a new 2006 Eddie Bauer today. The one she selected didn't have the dvd system in it. We're looking at getting a dvd system in the car to help entertain our two children. I'm looking for recommendations on any aftermarket solutions. I know we can get the stock ford system, but if something better is out there I'd like to hear about it.

I'm open to either headrests or an overhead console.

thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, but it looks like that product is discontinued...

i like clarion stuff-

have used it in my last few personal installs.

what exactly are you looking to add?

myron and davis also makes reaonably priced solutions.

We finally got the Explorer wednesday and after looking at it more... I think that I would like to get the monitor's in the headrests. It'd be nice to have them be able to play seperate dvd's or the same, but I'm not too familiar with how they are normally set up.

seperate dvd's is very doable.

You would need two dvd players though-

i'd run two clarion vs755s (or one)

and then the screens of your choice (probably clarion 6.5s- although i don't remember the model number)

myron and davis might make the headrests complete with their screens in them (as in- stock trade out)

-drew

or, you could run a cd/dvd/tuner source unit in the stock dash location and a game system elsewhere (ps2, xbox?) and have a little more flexibility

Back