• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket headunits > MFT ??

hannibalhector

Reaction score
City, State
Bronx, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I jus got my ex 2 days ago. I love it. However the MFT system is painfully slow. I just traded in my 2005 Eddie Bauer which I instsalled a Kenwood DNX8120. It was 10 times faster in terms of ipod browsing and overall responsiveness to touch input. Mind you, that unit is 3 years old. I have 3000 songs on my ipod, all in various playlists. I can tap the page down arrow 10 times and drive a quarter mile... it'll still be catching up to my touches.

I do have 2.8 as confirmed on syncmyride.com. I am also disappointed that you cannot browse playlists via the right side cluster using the steering wheel.

I believe that ford was banking heavy on the voice command thing but let's be honest here... voice command takes double the time and is worthless if you have people in the car with you.

I am impressed by the phone features. Im just jaded about my ipod. Would the fact that it's an ipod classic 120gb have anything to do with it? it literally takes 5 secs to go from one play list to another. I sincerely hope that an update in the near future resolves these lag issues. It makes an otherwise perfect car not so pefect Thanks for reading my vent! :(

Do you have the latest software for the iPod? I have heard some folks on the FB page say that the newest iPod software helped a lot....

just checked... im on 2.0.1 according to itunes its the most recent version. :(

I have also read about downloading Sync my iTunes. i don't know much about it since I don't have our X yet but you may want to search on Sync My Ride.com or the web. Good luck.

Back