Aftermarket Shocks?

billirwin

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
Any advice on gas shocks from the collective wisdom? TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What price range are u looking for? Also do u want them for on or offroad,or adjustable ones?

Looking for improved on/off road handling. Considering KYB ($207 delivered set of 4) or Tokico ($204 delivered set of 4). Any thoughts or recommendations? TIA

Rancho is having a "Buy 3 get 1 free" deal until April 30, 2004 and I found Rancho 9000X adjustable shocks for ($218.95 delivered set of 4). Everyone that I've heard from seems to love these shocks.

I just ordered a set from this site, which I found had the best price.
http://www.samsoffroad.com/samsoffroadsto/rancho.htm#RS99700

I got a set of Rancho 9000x for my 1998 and I am very pleased with them. Got them from Sam's Offroad and was happy with the service.They are a big improvement over stock. For average driving alot of people run 2 on the front and 3 on the back or close to that. I personally run them on 1 front and back.

i have a set of bilstein shocks for the rear for sale. if you want better handling, these are definately a good choice. pm if your interested

The rancho 9000x's are really good but they cost a little more. I paid $140 for my RS5000's and they ride very good. It all depends on how much u want to spend.

Thanks folks. I stopped by my local off road goodies retailer, Wilderness Off Road Center. I just couldn't pass on the Rancho buy 3 get 1 free sale, so I popped for a set of the RSX model. They fit the budget and will certainly improve the body roll problem that OEM shocks with 50K miles exhibit. Thanks again, I hadn't heard of Rancho before I asked for recommendations. Reckon that's what these forums are all about. Share the knowledge. I'll get the new shocks installed next week and report back on the results. The Rancho sale ends 4/30.

Back