• Register Today It's free!

Air conditioner duct problem

Tirepro

Reaction score
City, State
Clermont
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
Air is cold. I can hear that the blower motor is blowing strong, but air is not coming out of the a/c vents properly. Any known problems.?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same problem.
2006 sport trac - on day ac was running and then "bang" and all of a sudden i had very little air flow out of the vents, the fan speed did not change but makes one heck of a racket.
i can switch between vents and defrost just very little air flow.

I'm having the same problem with my 2003 explorer. Passenger side has strong air flow, driver's side vent barely blows, the center ones blow a bit. I've fiddled with the door behind the glove box last winter (had the cold air flow problem from that) but now I'm having trouble with the airflow in those vents. I'm guessing I'll have trouble with the cold air again this winter. Anyone have any other suggestions? I'd sure love to hear them. This is getting to be a real pain.

I'm having the same problem too! Blend door and actuator work. I believe it may be a vacuum issue on the "other" actuator(s)(ie. defrost/flr/etc.) Did you resolve the issue yet?

I'm having the same problem too! Blend door and actuator work. I believe it may be a vacuum issue on the "other" actuator(s)(ie. defrost/flr/etc.) Did you resolve the issue yet?
@artest7, I'm still fighting with mine. The dang thing will take spells of blowing a little more from the driver's side vents once in a while, but it never lasts long. The fan noise when turned to high is deafening. I've taken the cowl off (under the windshield) and where there is supposed to be a vent for outside air, I don't have one! Now that cold weather is coming, I'm having trouble with the cold air blowing through the glovebox again. I've worked on it once, with a bit of success, but it seems that problem is back again too. *smh*

Did you test all your vacuum lines, actuators and Door Vacuum Motors?

Back