Air problem 2005 Explorer XLT. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Air problem 2005 Explorer XLT.

nodice4me

Reaction score
Hey Guys, great forum. My wife's AC/heater has an issue. It gets hot and cold like it should but it seems like it is not directing air properly. I can hear the blower speeds changing and at max blower it is real loud. Not sure where the air is going . At 1st, some of it was coming out of defrost and some out of the front vents. Today it seems like more of it is out of the front vent. Either way, it will not deflect it correctly. If I go to front vent, defrost of floor it does not matter, the air will not change direction. Is this a vent actuator problem ? Where is this on a 2005 explorer ?

welcome to the site

Hey Guys, great forum. My wife's AC/heater has an issue. It gets hot and cold like it should but it seems like it is not directing air properly. I can hear the blower speeds changing and at max blower it is real loud. Not sure where the air is going . At 1st, some of it was coming out of defrost and some out of the front vents. Today it seems like more of it is out of the front vent. Either way, it will not deflect it correctly. If I go to front vent, defrost of floor it does not matter, the air will not change direction. Is this a vent actuator problem ? Where is this on a 2005 explorer ?

Did you ever fix this problem? I'm experiencing the same issue on my 2003 Explorer. Let me know, Thanks.

Back