• Register Today It's free!

Air conditioner

Fordrulzz

Reaction score
City, State
Turner
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 limited
Hi guys. I have a 2016 Explorer Limited 2.3L. A while back the air conditioning would fade in and out then stopped blowing cold air all together. A noise started shortly after and I found the ac clutch loose.... the bolt was actually broken. I put a new clutch, pulley, and coil on it and set the clearance. The compressor clutch works normally now with no noise but the ac still does not blow cold. I do not see any obvious leaks. Anyone have any ideas??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does the clutch engage and disengage properly when the A/C is switched on and off?

Hi guys. I have a 2016 Explorer Limited 2.3L. A while back the air conditioning would fade in and out then stopped blowing cold air all together. A noise started shortly after and I found the ac clutch loose.... the bolt was actually broken. I put a new clutch, pulley, and coil on it and set the clearance. The compressor clutch works normally now with no noise but the ac still does not blow cold. I do not see any obvious leaks. Anyone have any ideas??
Have you confirmed that the refrigerant level is what it should be?

Peter

Time to connect both a set of gauges as well as a scan tool so you can see what the PCM is seeing/doing.

I'm working on getting a gague to check pressures but I have noticed with the blower speed on low and temp set to cold there is a constant woosh noise from the dash and it goes away when the temp is turned to hot. It is not the fan making the noise it almost sounds like a vacuum leak? Has anyone ran into this noise before?

There is no vacuum used in this system.

You're likely hearing air moving around the heater core rather than through it. Perhaps there's something in that path that that's causing a low-grade "whistling"....

Back